In-House Green Initiatives
Euclid Fish has identified several ways to not only improve and commit to sourcing sustainable seafood, but also to improve our in-house green initiatives. We make it a priority to continuously improve and innovate our green efforts throughout the plant to become better stewards of our planet.
- Ozone is one of nature’s most powerful oxidizers and has been used as the leading organic sanitizer for years. Ozonized water oxidizes cell walls causing them to disintegrate, killing all bacteria and extending product shelf life.
- This product is approved by the FDA, chemical free and produces no toxic byproducts.
- We use ozonized water on all fresh seafood, as well as in our processing facility and trucks.
Energy Efficient Lighting
- Installation of ECO-Fluorescent using 35% less energy compared to traditional lighting.
- Installation of motion sensors in processing and staging areas to cut down on excessive energy use.
Packaging/ Recycling System
- 100% recyclable cardboard packaging with soy based ink.
- 100% post-consumer recycled paper throughout the office.
- Environmentally responsible disposal of used batteries, ink cartridges and bulbs.
- Brand new Kramer refrigeration sysetms installed in 2015
"Kramer products boast energy saving technologies including its patented Thermobank hot gas defrost systems, providing large refrigeration systems that are recognized as some of the most energy efficient in the industry."
- 24/7 wireless temperature monitoring system in all four coolers and two freezers.
- Data is kept in the system- reducing the need to print paper for record keeping.
- Automated entry into freezer and holding areas.
- Enables better use of fuel and reduces our carbon footprint.
- Continuous updates on Thermal Kings for all company trucks.
Energy Management System
- Programmable electric thermostats through CoMark.